Information Collected or Received
In the course of providing our Site, we collect or receive your personal information in a few different ways. We obtain the categories of personal information listed below from the following sources: directly from you, for example, from forms you complete or during registration; indirectly from you based on your activity and interaction with our Site, or from the device or browser you use to access the Site; and from our vendors and suppliers that help provide services you may interact with (such as, for example, for payments). Often, you choose what information to provide, but sometimes we require certain information to provide you the Site. Tea For All Reasons uses the personal information it receives and collects in accordance with the purposes described in this policy.
Registration, Account Setup, Site Usage: In order to use the Site, you will need to submit a valid email address. If you register, you will need to submit a name associated with your account. You may modify that name through your account settings. You need to provide this information to enable us to provide you with the Site. Additional information, such as billing and payment information (including billing contact name, address, telephone number, credit card information), a telephone number, and/or a physical postal address, may be necessary in order for us to provide a particular service. For example, we need a physical postal address if you are buying something on the Site for delivery. We may store credit card information for both billing and payment purposes.
Profile: You may provide your name in connection with your account and activity. You can edit or remove this information through your account settings.
Automated Information: Tea For All Reasons automatically receives and records information from your browser or your mobile device when you visit the Site or use certain features of the Site, such as your IP address or unique device identifier, cookies, and data about which pages you visit and how you interact with those pages in order to allow us to operate and provide the Site. This information is stored in log files and is collected automatically. Tea For All Reasons may also receive similar information (like, for example, IP addresses and actions taken on the device) provided by a connected Internet of Things device such as a voice-activated assistant or Smart TV. We may combine this information from your browser or your mobile device with other information that we or our advertising or marketing partners collect about you, including across devices. This information is used to prevent fraud and to keep the Site secure and to analyze and understand how the Site works for members and visitors.
We also automatically collect device-specific information when you install, access, or use our Site. This information can include information such as the hardware model, operating system information, app version, app usage and debugging information, browser information, IP address, and device identifiers.
Non-Member Information: Tea For All Reasons receives or obtains information (for example, an email address or IP address) about a person who is not yet a registered Tea For All Reasons member (a “non-member”) when a non-member engages in a transaction or a non-member uses Guest Checkout to make a purchase. Non-member information is used only for the purposes disclosed when it was submitted to Tea For All Reasons, for purposes necessary to the functioning of Tea For All Reasons’ Services.
Messages from Tea For All Reasons
On occasion, Tea For All Reasons will need to contact you. Primarily, these messages are delivered by email or by push notifications for a variety of reasons, including marketing and transactions. If you no longer wish to receive push notifications, you can disable them at device level. You can opt out of receiving marketing communications via email or by following the unsubscribe link in any marketing email you receive. To ensure you properly receive notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device, such as operating system and user identification information. Every account is required to keep a valid email address on file to receive messages. Tea For All Reasons may also contact you by telephone to provide support or for transaction-related purposes if you request that we call you. Additionally, and with your consent where required by applicable law, Tea For All Reasons may send you an SMS (or similar) message, or reach out to you by telephone, in order to provide you with customer support, for research or feedback, or to provide you with information about products and features that you may find of interest. You can update your contact preferences in your account settings.
Some messages from Tea For All Reasons are service-related and necessary for members and Guest Checkout users. You understand and agree that Tea For All Reasons can send you non-marketing emails or messages, such as those related to transactions, your account, security, or product changes. Examples of service-related messages include an email address confirmation/welcome email when you register your account, notification of an order, and correspondence with Tea For All Reasons’ Support team (including by chat interface or the other methods of communication as described above).
When you register for an account, subscribe to a newsletter, or provide us with your email address or phone number such as for a Guest Checkout purchase, you receive notice of and agree (in some jurisdictions and situations, by an additional unambiguous consent) to receive marketing emails and messages from us. You can unsubscribe at any time from marketing emails or messages through the opt-out link included in marketing emails or messages. Members can also control which marketing emails or messages they receive from Tea For All Reasons through their account settings. Please note that some changes to your account settings may take a few days to take effect.
Information Uses, Sharing, & Disclosure
We respect your privacy. Tea For All Reasons will not disclose your name, email address, or other personal information to third parties without your consent, except as specified in this policy.
You can control your privacy settings through the opt-out buttons in your account settings privacy tab, and the Privacy Settings link in the footer of most site pages and our homepage. Please note that some changes to your privacy settings may take a few days to take effect. We may advertise our Site through a variety of different mediums and rely on your consent to do so off-site.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and after it is received, for example encryption is used for certain information (such as credit card numbers) using TLS (transport layer security). Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your account information is protected by a password. It is important that you protect against unauthorized access to your account and information by choosing your password carefully and by keeping your password and computer secure, such as by signing out after using the Site.
If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Tea For All Reasons will retain your information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this policy, for as long as your account is active (i.e., for the lifetime of your Tea For All Reasons member account), or as needed to provide the Site to you. If you no longer want Tea For All Reasons to use your information to provide the Site to you, you may close your account. Tea For All Reasons will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your information to comply with applicable tax/revenue laws), resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and as otherwise described in this policy. We also retain log files for internal analysis purposes. These log files are generally retained for a brief period of time, except in cases where they are used for site safety and security, to improve site functionality, or we are legally obligated to retain them for longer time periods.
Your Rights & Choices
Certain privacy laws around the world, including the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), provide users with rights related to their personal information. Consistent with those laws, Tea For All Reasons gives you the choice of accessing, editing, or removing certain information, as well as choices about how we contact you. You may change or correct your Tea For All Reasons account information through your account settings. You can also request to permanently close your account and delete your personal information. Depending on your location, you may also benefit from a number of rights with respect to your information.While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply in limited cases.
- Right to Access & Portability: You can access certain personal information associated with your account by visiting your account privacy settings. You can request a copy of your personal information in an easily accessible format and information explaining how that information is used.
- Right to Correction: You have the right to request that we rectify inaccurate information about you. By visiting your account settings, you can correct and change certain personal information associated with your account.
- Right to Restrict Processing: In certain cases where we process your information, you may also have the right to restrict or limit the ways in which we use your personal information.
- Right to Deletion: In certain circumstances, you have the right to request the deletion of your personal information, except information we are required to retain by law, regulation, or to protect the safety, security, and integrity of Tea For All Reasons.
- Right to Object: If we process your information based on our legitimate interests as explained above, or in the public interest, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons. Where we use your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you can object using the unsubscribe link in such communications or changing your account email settings.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: Where we rely on consent, you can choose to withdraw your consent to our processing of your information using specific features provided to enable you to withdraw consent, like an email unsubscribe link or your account privacy preferences. If you have consented to share your precise device location details but would no longer like to continue sharing that information with us, you can revoke your consent to the sharing of that information through the settings on your mobile device. This is without prejudice to your right to generally permanently close your account and delete your personal information.
The CCPA provides California residents with the following additional rights:
- Right to Know: California residents may request disclosure of the specific pieces and/or categories of personal information that the business has collected about them, the categories of sources for that personal information, the business or commercial purposes for collecting the information, the categories of personal information that we have disclosed, and the categories of third parties with which the information was shared.
- Right to Opt-Out: To the extent that Tea For All Reasons “sells” personal information (as that term is defined under the CCPA), California residents are entitled to opt-out of the “sale” of data at any time (see below for more information). Please note that Tea For All Reasons will not sell any personal information at any time.
If you would like to manage, change, limit, or delete your personal information, you can do so via your Tea For All Reasons account settings. Alternatively, you can exercise any of the rights above by contacting us by submitting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you contact us to exercise any of your rights, we will confirm receipt of your request.
Limiting use of, or deleting, your personal information may impact features and uses that rely on that information. However, we will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights, including otherwise denying you goods or services, providing you with a different level or quality of services, or charging you different prices or rates for services. If you need further assistance, you can contact Tea For All Reasons by email to email@example.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
Please note that we may verify your identity before we are able to process any of the requests described in this Section, and in our discretion, deny your request if we are unable to verify your identity. As a part of this process, government or other identification may be required. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney, the requester’s valid government issued identification, and the authorized agent’s valid government issued identification, and we may verify the authenticity of the request directly with you.
Email & Messages
You may also control the receipt of certain types of communications from Tea For All Reasons in your account settings. Tea For All Reasons may send you messages about the Site or your activity. Some of these messages are required, service-related messages for members (such as transactional messages or legal notices). Other messages are not required, such as newsletters. You can control which optional messages you choose to receive by changing your account settings, and you can learn more in the “Messages from Tea For All Reasons” Section of this policy. If you no longer wish to use the Site or receive service-related messages (except for legally required notices), then you may close your account.
We use both technically necessary (for the functioning and security of the Services) and non-technically necessary cookies and similar technologies.
Additional Disclosures for California Residents
Notice of Collection
In addition to the Rights & Choices described above, the CCPA requires disclosure of the categories of personal information collected over the past 12 months. While this information is provided in greater detail in the “Information Collected or Received Section above, the categories of personal information that we have collected – as described by the CCPA – are:
- Identifiers, including name, email address, IP address, and an ID or number assigned to your account.
- Other individual records such as phone number, billing address, or credit or debit card information. This category includes personal information protected under pre-existing California law (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e)), and overlaps with other categories listed here.
- Demographics, such as your age or gender. This category includes data that may qualify as protected classifications under other California or federal laws.
- Commercial information, including purchases and engagement with the Site.
- Internet activity, including your interactions with our Site and what led you to our Site.
- Sensory visual data, such as pictures posted on our Site.
- Geolocation data provided through location enabled services such as WiFi and GPS.
- Inferences, including information about your interests, preferences and favorites.
The Purposes for Our Collection
We collect and use these categories of personal information for our business and commercial purposes described in the “Information Uses, Sharing and Disclosure” Section above, including providing and improving the Site, maintaining the safety and security of the Site, processing purchase and sale transactions, and for advertising and marketing services.
Third Party Marketing and Advertising and Your Rights (Opt-Out of “Sale”)
Tea For All Reasons does not sell personal information to third parties for monetary value nor do we use third party advertising on our website or social media. However, the term “sale” is defined broadly under the California Consumer Privacy Act. To the extent that “sale” under the CCPA is interpreted to include interest based advertising or other data uses described in the “Information Uses, Sharing and Disclosure” Section above, we will comply with applicable law as to those activities.
Do Not Track Signals
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Shine the Light
California law entitles residents to ask for a notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. Tea For All Reasons does not share any personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
If you have a disability and would like to access this policy in an alternative format, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may amend or update this policy from time to time. If we believe that the changes are material, we’ll let you know by doing one (or more) of the following: (i) posting the changes on or through the Site, and/or (ii) sending you an email or message about the changes. We encourage you to check back regularly and review any updates.